Frequently Asked Questions

Everyone is uneasy about studying abroad for the first time. We have compiled a list of frequently asked questions about studying abroad at the Admission Hub, such as language study abroad, working holidays, and co-op study abroad. Let's clear up your doubts and lead a meaningful study abroad life.

Language Study

Since studying abroad is mainly for learning languages, students of all ages from all over the world are studying for various purposes such as learning a language at the level of daily conversation, going to college or university, or for business. Also, some schools adjust the percentage of nationality in the class, or divide by age.

Canada is the second largest country in the world, extending from east to west. There are various characteristics depending on the location, such as Vancouver if you want to study in a place with a lot of nature, and Toronto if you are in the city It is best to decide on the purpose and budget of study abroad, the climate, the time difference with Japan, and the size of the population. First, talk to your counselor about your wishes and conditions.

It is said that it takes more than 3 months before you can clearly feel certain results at a language school. However, there is also the advantage that you can become an English conversation and English environment even if you study abroad for a short period of less than one month. Talk to your counselor about your level of language.

Some language schools offer discounts when you apply for a long-term course. Also, by obtaining a working holiday visa or co-op visa, you can go to school while working and save money.

Language schools have various courses such as general English, business English, preparation for entrance to school, and TOEIC preparation, and the content and curriculum to be learned vary depending on the school. Many schools have a curriculum that provides many opportunities for students to speak, such as discussions and presentations.

It depends on the length of study abroad, but it is a good idea to start preparations 6 to 3 months in advance. Language schools are also crowded during the period when you can take a cohesive vacation such as spring break and summer vacation. There may be unexpected troubles other than securing visas, airline tickets, and accommodations, so please consult with your counselor with plenty of time.

Co-op Study Abroad

A co-op is a visa that can only be obtained if the Co-op program is part of a private or public college program, after learning the specialized skills required for practice at a college or vocational school. You can work as an intern. You can improve your skills while improving your language skills, which is popular with working people.

Working Holiday has an age limit of 18 to 30 years and a period of stay of only one year, whereas a Co-op visa allows you to work for the same period as you went to school and there is no age limit. You can apply even after your Working Holiday Visa has expired or you have reached the maximum age.

You can further improve the skills you acquired at your place of employment in Japan, acquire skills in new fields, and improve your English proficiency significantly, which is advantageous for employment.

Compared to public colleges, private colleges have lower scores such as TOEFL required for admission (TOEFL (iBT) 32 ~, iELTS 4.5 ~ on average). However, even if you do not reach the score, you can use the pathway system of the language school affiliated with the college to improve your English to the level required for admission to the college and then enter smoothly. If you are not confident in English, first improve your English at a language school.

You can acquire various skills such as business, medical, accountant, travel agency, hotel industry, IT system, etc. Talk to your counselor about your skills and the right school.

It depends on how long you go to school, but it’s a good idea to pay around 3 million yen. This includes school tuition, living expenses such as housing and food, air ticket, and overseas travel insurance. Also, if you go to a language school before enrolling, you will be charged an additional language school tuition. Let’s prepare with plenty of time.

If you are applying from Japan, you can apply using the same procedure as for a student visa, and if you are applying from Canada, you can apply using the same procedure as for extending your student visa. The only difference is that the school will submit an additional letter stating that “you need to complete the internship to get a degree”. Admission Hub supports Co-op visas, so feel free to contact us.

Working Holiday

Working Holiday is a system that allows young people between the ages of 18 and 30 to go sightseeing, study, and work while staying in a country that has an agreement with. Currently, you can stay for one year. You can apply for one country only once in your lifetime, but you can stay in Canada while working, so you can stay in Canada with less money than studying abroad.

Options for finding a place to live in Canada include renting a homestay, share house or apartment. You can search in local newspapers, information websites for locals or Japanese, or search by word of mouth. The Admission Hub also offers advice on finding a place to live, so please feel free to contact us.

You can find it in local newspapers, internet job listing sites, and language school bulletin boards. There is also a way to aim for a time when there are many job offers depending on the season, such as resort areas and farms. If you are confident in English, you can go directly to the store or company and hand over your resume. Please feel free to contact us as Admission Hub also supports job search.

It is not always necessary to have a high level of language proficiency when looking for a job, but if you have sufficient language proficiency, finding a job will be advantageous and you will have a wider range of choices. Before finding a job, it is recommended that you study in Japan or improve your English at a language school.

It depends on how long you work, but it’s a good idea to pay around EUR 7,600 to EUR 11,500. The cost depends on the prices of the city and the hourly wage, so it is a good idea to prepare with plenty of time.

Cafes, restaurants, shop clerks, hotel reception staff and tour guides are popular. The better your English, the wider your range of work and the more opportunities you have to work with local Canadians.

Most Working Holiday applications are done online. For details on how to apply, please see the Working Holiday application procedure page. Admission Hub also provides visa application support, so please feel free to contact us.

In order to utilize the working holiday experience for employment, it is necessary to appeal not only the experience of “working abroad” but also what skills you have acquired through working holiday. Also, if you have acquired English proficiency, you will need to show some visible achievements such as presenting your TOEIC score.

Study Abroad at College

If you want to acquire specialized skills in a wider range of fields or want to transfer to a university, we recommend studying abroad at a public college. Also known as a community college, in Canada, college refers to this community college and is attended by many Canadians. If you want to get a job in Canada in the future or are looking for immigrants, studying abroad at college is recommended.

Private colleges are small, specialized schools for vocational training. There are many international students, and the TOEFL and IELTS scores, which are the conditions for admission, are lower than those of public colleges, so it is relatively easy to enter. Public colleges, on the other hand, are large and have academic courses for transfer to universities and vocational training courses to acquire practical skills. Vocational training courses allow you to acquire skills in a wider range of fields. Most public colleges also work with many companies, which is also beneficial for employment.

To enroll in college, you need an average TOEFL (iBT) 60 ~ and iELTS 6.0 ~ score. Even if you do not meet the admission requirements, you can use the language school’s pathway system to improve your language skills before transferring to college.

A high school diploma and transcript are required for the Post Secondary course and a college diploma for the Post Graduate course. In addition, an English proficiency certificate such as TOEFL or IELTS and an application form are required. Some courses may require essays, assignments, portfolio submissions, and interviews. Feel free to contact your Admission Hub counselor first.

Many public college students are local Canadians. There are few immigrants, and depending on the course, there may be no Japanese. Therefore, you can significantly improve your English while acquiring specialized and practical skills. Also, if you want to go on to university, you can use the transfer system so that you can enroll at a lower cost with lower English proficiency than directly enrolling in university.

また8ヶ月以上のプログラムの場合、卒業後はポスト・グラデュエーション・ワーク・パーミット(Post Graduation Work Permit)とよばれる労働許可証がもらえ、移民に大きく近づけます。

It depends on the duration of the course, but it’s a good idea to spend at least EUR 40,000 over two years. This includes tuition, living expenses, transportation expenses, air ticket fees, etc. The cost is higher than that of a private college. If your TOEFL score does not reach the entrance level, you will need to attend a language school. Be prepared with plenty of time to live a meaningful study abroad life without any trouble.

Contact Us

Please fill in the contact form below and we will get back to you shortly.